It’s been quite some time I haven’t post any news on Omnia since my modem is not so stable + busy. Also sorry for not being able to reply any comments for u all..Will do that if I have time later..
Anyway what else news? Omnia is an old technology already..haha..
Ok back to the topic, I’ve found 1 great theme for our lovely Omnia..
It’s a Wisbar Advance Desktop 2 theme made only for WQVGA. So in other words, Omnia can use this theme without any issue..That’s good right..
First I would like to big thanks to original creator of this theme, DESTRI, the guy with great design skills.
Here is original link. It’s a French site, you need to use Google translation for that.
And you may find the topic from WAD forum website also, http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15005
But that is not his latest version. Some of the features are not there (e.g: music control & lock screen).
And also thanks to GATITO from Modaco, for some of his pictures which has been translated (from French to English.)
– ok enough with intro :)
I did customized this theme to fit my needs. So it’s a bit different from DESTRI & GATITO version.
a) added ON PRESS IMAGE for all button (make it looks responsive when you press)
b) REMOVE SOUND when u click on any dock
c) added NEW PAGE for APPLICATION LAUNCHER (12 shortcuts)
d) 6 shortcuts in both TOOLS & SYSTEM docks
e) Small shortcut to S2P in MUSIC dock (default one is Windows Media Player)
f) Modified notifier (appointment, sms, mail & call)
g) Change ALARMES text to icon
h) Added HOME CITY WEATHER text in weather panel
i) added BATTERY PERCENTAGE on top dock
j) added MEMORY LEFT SPACE in system dock
k) LANDSCAPE VERSION SUPPORTED
- REMOVE NOTIFIER dock
- REMOVE MESSAGE dock, REPLACE with WEATHER dock
- Of course u need to have Wisbar Advance Desktop 2 (WAD) first
- Make sure u install on My Storage.
- Download this MaksConcept.rar file (from Modaco)
- maksconcept (mirror file. You need to rename to *.rar after download)
- There are 3 folders & 2 files inside the rar file
- WMP Controls
- SF New Republic.ttf
- SF New Republic Bold.ttf
- Copy newConcept and newConceptL folder into \My Storage\Program Files\Lakeridge\Wisbar Advance Desktop\Theme
- Copy WMP Controls folder into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs
- Copy SF New Republic.ttf & SF New Republic Bold.ttf into \Windows\Font
- Run WAD
- go to Settings > General > Change Theme
- select newconcept
- press Menu > Set As Potrait Theme
- select newconceptL
- press Menu > Set As Landscape Theme
Change weather icon
- still in the settings page, go to Icons
- browse \My Storage\Program Files\Lakeridge\Wisbar Advance Desktop\Theme\newconcept\extras\meteo petite
- DONE. You’re ready to use this theme.
If you find that some of the shortcut is not relevant for you. Then you may delete it.
If the shortcut is not functioning, just change in the script to point to actual programs.
Please be aware WAD program required big memory to run. At least 6-7mb. Sometimes
Yeah, i know this is like repeatiting post. But I just want to share with you all the main applications that made my omnia (windows mobile) looks cool and even better from default one..
First is the windows shell, where u have so many options currently available..
SPB Mobile Shell, Winterface, ThrottleLauncher, Wisbar Advance, Manila2D & the most application that i like currently is Ifonz (last time was using SPB Mobile Shell). And it’s FREE! no need to worry about license…..Previously i had installed ifonz before, but i dunno why the icons looks ugly. Now i realize u need to find the correct icon and some settings to make it work perfect on Omnia. If u don’t believe me see below pictures..:)
What u need to do is download the ifonz from the http://thedogcorner.blogspot.com/. Run the ifonz.exe file to open the program. A few settings u need to do;
- set icon size 48×48
- icons for row in Portrait = 4
- icons for row in Landscape =8
- background = use default color (black) for better performance
- unchecked on welcome animation on start
- checked Start with windows
- use high quality icons from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=424678
Or the easiest way is download MY THEME settings here. (please rename *.pdf to *.ifonz) and also u need to download the icons from here (please rename *.pdf to *.rar).
- After download, run the ifonz.
- hold the battery icon until menu come out
- select themes > Load
- chose the theme that u downloaded just now (maksTheme.ifonz)
- then click OK
- for the icons, extract [Realize 48 for Ifonz.rar] file
- and u MUST put the ‘Realize 48 for Ifonz’ folder in My Storage > My Documents > My Pictures > Icon
- (if u didn;t copy into exact location, the icon will not appear as shown above)
- some of the icons maybe is not necessary/related for you, so u can delete it..no problem..
below are some cools & finger friendly apps that i use currently..
S2U2 - lock screen
S2U2 - volume
other useful application, u can check from my ifonz screenshot..
but one application is not there, which is HOME SCREEN PLUS UI..
really recommended for all pocket pc users..
okay feel free to ask me if u have any doubt..i’m going to sleep now..sleepy already..
Those who want to get tv-out cable for Omnia, u can check at Samsung service centre or samsung shop if they have. Actually the cable itself is made for SGH-F510 model but it is compatible with Omnia as they using the same port. In Malaysia it cost about RM 54.55.
So is it worth displaying Omnia screen on your tv?
For me it’s great for watching movie only. I tried on Plasma & CRT TV. Both looks ok. Not the best quality but acceptable. Make sure u don’t convert the movie file into WQVGA screen. It will more reduce the quality of the picture. And u need to max ur Omnia volume as well as tv volume.
Other than that, if u use other stuffs, u can see a big pixelate because the WQVGA screen. So u can imagine what would happen if u stretch WQVGA screen on your plasma TV..:)
Here take a look some of my screen shots..dont have movie..pity..:)
Omnia TV Out cable
SPB Mobile Shell display on Plasma
How typing Omnia with Plasma screen? :)
Sanji:One Piece - my favorite anime :)Omnia on 21
Omnia on 21
DZHL5 – Leaked ROM from Secany (Modaco)
Latest Official ROM From Samsung DZHK3 Download Here
Thanks to hellfire for posting the firmware i900DXHK1 at his blog..
You guys can get it from here
FYI, this is not consider as official ROM but leaked ROM..
That mean Samsung haven’t announce it as latest Omnia official ROM.
What are the improvements & bug fix?
- Add 3D Album Art.
- Add New Playlist UI / GUI.
- Dcf file can play in OpenFiles
- The device cannot get MCC/MNC to call the GetCurrentOperator API.
- summer time was not applied correctly
- clock widget has memory leak
- Because the MS API obtaining timezone information has problem, we change the structs. We make the timezone list when starting applications.
- In LCD dimming state, enable auto orientation function.
- Could not change the UA mode to another.
- The device is freeze when try call with BT headset while using Camera or SmartReader.
- After pairing BT headset, play video clip( 3gp or mp4), at this time if call is receiving, video is black out and device seems to be freezing.
- “▣발생경로 : 1.TOUCH PLAYER MUSIC PLAY 중 SHOZU-SHARE IT-Select Photo
- 2.TASK SWITCHER-END TASK-Select SHOZU
▣발생문제 : Terminate Touch Player and Remain Shozu
- Call log can’t display the whole number.
- When using touch motion in portrait mode, task-switcher don’t execute sometimes.
- When download image with PC upgrader, sometimes device can’t complete download process.
- Lock up when outgoing calls using BT headset during Smart Reader Preview
- Device does not boot after user upgrade.
- “VOIP function & audio path about VOIP is added to audio driver.
- DST(Summer Time), Alarm ICON is added in analog/dual clock
- The device sends invalid DTMF tone when press keypad during speaker phone call.
- LCD will be off when Touch Player plays MP3 files.
- Reproduce : After LCDTest application is execution , PDA Power off
Problem : After PDA is Restart , Motion senser Setting
Default Value was changed to Automatic -> Manual”
- Display TA Connecting Icon after fully charged.
- Disable 1 battery bar(20%) Low Battery Alert
- Modify One Battery Bar Voltage Table
- Add new game – dice
- “If without the operator “” * “”, the result was wrong.
ex) 2(1+2) = 23, previous source code.
2(1+2) = 6, Now.”
- 1. start -> wnidowsmedia -> menu -> options
2. video -> full screen -> always
3. When next video clip is played problem :
video screen becomes strange.”
- After first download, LCD On when the earjack is connneced.
- In SouthAsia, users feel that it takes long time to fix first postion.
- Depending on bootloader.nb0 size, while downloading a CSC file, device’s download progressbar starts half full.
- Fixed lock up problem during clean boot.
- Improved the wolrking of Ethernet 2 frame setting. Especially we improved stablility during LTK test.
- Improved the stablility of streaming.
- Fiexed a problem that WiFi can’t connect to AP on Channel 12 and 13 by roaming function.
- Improved the sability of Host Wake Up.
- Implemented “”disable QoS support bit”” function for Waiwanese AP issue.
- Fixed aproblem when number of AP list is over 64.
Source : http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=26272
You guys can give it a try on this custom ROM from Modaco..
I just flashed it yesterday and again need to reinstall back my apps & settings :P
What really makes me to upgrade to this ROM is u will get free storage around 70mb.
Even after i install my apps, still managed to get 50mb available storage.
So far have tested WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth, Camera, etc..No issue..
Still monitoring battery performance..
- Removed Windows Update
– Removed Welcome Center
– Removed MS Sample Music
– Removed .net CF 2.0
– Removed Chinese fonts (sunfon.ac3)
– Removed SilverInbox
– Removed Shozu (available in CAB form here)
– Removed IRDA files
– Added .net CF 3.5
– Added Remote Desktop Mobile
– Added AppToDate
– Added Batti 2.4
– Re-added scientific powercalc
– Optimised Samsung applications
– Optimised OneNote
– Optimised Office
– Optimised Other Core applications
– Customised version display (MoDaCo Custom ROM 2 = MCR02)
– Added MoDaCo to default RSS feeds
– Added MoDaCo WinMo Week to default Podcasts
– Scientific calculator is back in
How to do?
Same like normal firmware upgrade..u can refer here
Download url : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jyyhtmwthyy
Credit to Paul Modaco for his great efforts..:)
How many of you use your GPS without enabling Enhanced GPS?
For myself, i never use the Extra data download feature for enhancing GPS because it wil cost me using GPRS. Anyway, it would cause u to wait a few minutes (2-5) to get GPS fix.
Few days ago I found 1 thread from Modaco on how to “Get your GPS quicker fix, without enabling Enhanced GPS”
Below is the step on how to. I have tried it. And it works great. My GPS can get fix within not even 1 minutes not like before.
1. Go to Settings > System > Enhanced GPS and set both settings to “Disable”
2. Go to your device’s registry, and see the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver
3. Change the following string values to nothing (don’t delete them, just edit them and clear the value):
- CurrentLogFile (originally \GPSID_log.txt)
- OldLogFile (originally \GPSID_log.bak)
4. Soft-reset your device
5. With File Explorer, go to My Device, and delete the two GPSID_log files you see, and the file named xtra. If you don’t soft-reset, you will not be able to delete some of them.
6. Check again the registry setting. Sometimes in rare cases it may revert the settings back – but that’s a general WM problem.
After this, if you start your navigation software under clear sky, you can get a fix in a coulpe of minutes, without the use of XTRA, or any other data source, than pure native GPS satellites.
Note: to edit the regsitry u need registry tools like TotalCommander CE, Resco Registry (which come with Resco Explorer) etc..
CREDIT TO ROBERTUT FROM MODACO.